Tuesday 12 August 2008

superstars!!!!!!!

It is always nice to watch the olympics, but it is fantstic when you have friends that participate. Four years ago, during Athens 2004, I was in an hotel room in Japan and when I swithced the TV on (one of those rare occasions in which I watch tv) I saw my friend Marco shooting in the final for the gold medal. He won the olympics!
Now I am in Connecticut, whithout Tv, but with Internet...and I see that my friends MARCO, MAURO & ILARIO won the silver medal in team!!!!!!! Marco has been for me the mate of 1000 adventures during junior cups, world and european championships. We started by winning the Mikey Mouse national trophee in 1996. Now: he won already a gold and a silver at the olympics and I have quitted. Ilario has been a sort of spiritual father during the competitions with the senior team. He is the eldest of the team, but the craziest. This is his 6th olympic game. Iremember him totally drunk of KOFF after winning the european championships in OULU. I hope Beijing will be a cause of celebration for him also in the next days!
And Mauro, the youngest...During my last year in the junior team he was the youngest and he has been my spiritual son. I am so happy that his first olympics have been a success!!!
GRANDI RAGAZZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pictures on www.archery.org or www.corriere.it

No comments: