Friday 6 March 2009

stealing toilets

I still have to get used to live in a peaceful and safe country.
It does not seem real to drive in a smooth, silent and gentle traffic.
When I'm in the metro stations I still have the natural instinct of checking my purse to be sure that my wallet is still there.
Today I was at the supermarket and I had to take the shopping cart. Automatically, I put just 50 cents in it. Why? Of course, because if somebody "stole" it, I would have lost just 50 cents and not 2 euros. Then I realized I don't live in Italy anymore. Nobody here steals shopping carts. But if I was in Italy, my precaution would have probably been right.
In fact, somebody steals even TOILETS! It happened in the metro stations of Naples. People dressed up as plumbers were staging a sort of Oceans Eleven in order to steal toilet bowls. I'm just wondering: what did they do with the plunder?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone said that those freaky toilet things come from the Japan, but I've always agreed that the origin of the plumbers is different. Mr. Mario and Mr. Luigi are signori italiani - definately.