Tuesday 10 August 2010

chronicles of a mission (im)possible

Getting back in a good shape is one of my current projects.
So, today I decided to go jogging. Before that, I read on a women's magazine: "If you return jogging after a break, you may feel OK while running, but if you overdo things, you're likely to feel the effects later. So, when you return to running after a break, always build up again slowly". "bullshit!" I thought.
Well, I have never been so wrong.
While getting out of home, I was feeling very good. Of course: the first 200m are downhill. But then the road starts to get just flat and there I started to calculate: I have been practically 2 years without ANY exercise. TWO YEARS! MAMMA MIA!!!!
More than jogging, in fact, I have been walking and trying to run.
During one of the moment of weakness a gang of 3 kids passed me with their bikes and slapped my fat bum. I think that was not the most encouraging thing to come across, but...whatever!
After this lovely beginnig, I headed home. And the iPod decided to tease me! Among the shuffle songs, why did it have to pick the soundtrack of "mission impossible"????
Perhaps the magazine was right, but I just hope I'm not "feeling the effects later".

No comments: