Saturday 12 July 2008

Almost transparent blue

While being angry for the past three days with the teacher of monetary policy for his squalid sadism, I spent some time in the blue of my transparent thoughts.

When you spend a lot of time abroad, then your friends get used to it. I think most of my friends are used to the fact I am always away. And even if now I am here, living 1 km from their place, I see them less than ever before.
Those friends who travel a lot are instead always crazy about a gipsy meeting, randomly organized. The big thing is staying together, not the place where we are.

Some people find other people interesting because of their problems. The counterparts like, on thier side, to make themselves interesting just by enumerating the problems of the moment because there is nothing else interesting to say. Gossip is selfish.

Nowadays, it is important that the others like us. For this reason, everything we do and say has always to be "politically correct". There are not too many people that say what they think, no matter what. Strength comes from being liked and disliked.

It is what it is, now I just would like to take my car and go. Go somewhere nice and on the way just drive absent mindedly, see the yellow fields surrounding the way and think of those days when I was reading a book sitting on a branch of the cherry tree that there is in our garden.
I love those roads of centre-south Italy, where it seems like driving in a fairy tale, surrounded by antique feelings. Desiring nothing but lie down under the olive trees, at dusk, with the company of crickets and a nice bottle of red wine, with the one you love and those friends that appreciate bucolic occasions.

No comments: