Monday 29 September 2008

Another home.

It is funny to realize that I know Helsinki better than Milano.
It has been nice to go to my former workplace and meet everyone there, go to my favourite shops and realising that people there start to know me and welcome me with a warm finnish smile. In the metro, I just read my book and realize that I don't need to pay attention at the names of the stations: I just go out automatically. I'm not feeling too cold and tomorrow I'm seeing a friend for lunch. The first friend I have made here, who has not seen me for 3 months but that has started to jump towards me when she realized it was me who rang the doorbell.
In the supermarkets, I know what is the brand of toilet paper or of detergent that I need to buy.

Does this all mean that I am ready to call this place home?

No comments: