Friday 25 April 2008

Brain Drain


Italy, the country where nothing works, but where everything works, at the end.

This is what they say abroad, about my country.

When yesterday I read on the newspaper that the government has decided to give a 300 shiny million Euros gift to Alitalia, a company that looses approximately 1 million every day, I was not disappointed. I was pissed off, indeed. Why didn’t they give instead the same gift to researchers or research centres? 300 million Euros! For what? For the corpse of an airline that has been raped for ages by the influence peddling of politicians, unions, recommendations. I hope that at least this gift would give Alitalia a good funeral. But why is the system protecting losers, instead of encouraging winners? There is nothing left than passion. The passion that makes people do what they like, no matter what. And everything works, at the end.

No comments: