Wednesday 9 April 2008

Working out...

My knowledge of English is quite good, but this does not save me from awkward gaffes.

We were having a tea and these friends started discuss about having babies. Then they started to talk about “working out”. In my dirty mind I thought that “working out” meant something related to the “process” of making kids, so when they said: “well, lately we did not have too much time to work out, since we are so tired in the evenings” or “we are going to visit out parents, so there we cannot work out”, I got a little suspicious. They were talking about it so naturally…“it is so nice to work out! It makes you sweat so much..” . Then, in a song of Husky Rescue I heard about a “summertime cowboy….working out…for me…”. Some days after this perplexing conversations, we went for breakfast. Again this working out thing. They invited us to go with them. I must confess that I got really suspicious. Fortunately, it turned out that working out means exercising at the gym!

No comments: