Thursday 8 May 2008

goodbye

The weather is not hostile anymore and it is difficult to go away from Helsinki and from its sparkling and airy spring. The proof reader just came in my office to make the final decisions. The paper is not a draft anymore. I have a funny feeling thinking that this is the last day of work.
“How many copies would you like to have for yourself?” I don’t know. I look outside: the sun shines. I say five. The streetlamp seems a teeter-totter
hanging between my office building and the one on the opposite side. I remember when a couple of months ago it was hit by the snow and by the cruel wind. Now, even an object like that seems cheerful. “After I send these to print, I go away. So, have a nice summer!”. And she goes. Summer is so close, indeed. And there comes my supervisor. My research unit invites me for a nice lunch tomorrow. And I am wondering which cookies I should bake for my goodbye.

No comments: