Sunday 25 May 2008

What I have been missing

When I was in Finland, people were asking what where the things that I missed more from Italy.
While I was rallying with my bike on the traffic of the small town where I was born, I thought that when you are abroad, you always remember the good sides of your country and you tend to forget the tricky ones. I guess this happens because you tend to get used to things that do not work too efficiently, but when you go abroad, you get used to things that work...mmmm my reasoning might be complicated, but whatever.
It is so weird to be here and understand everything that people say- sometimes I wish I could not-. I am mixing up languages and sometimes cannot find the right words in my mothertongue. Embarassing, especially when you go to the local gelateria. Everyone stares at me because I don't wear stockings now that it is 15°C. For my friends it is really cold, considering that it is the end of may. For me is really warm, considering that I have been living 3 months in the windy Helsinki.
Just to answer the question, I can say that I have been missing my family, my friends, my house, the weather. Even if it has been raining since I came back, I cannot complain.

No comments: